Eclipse Phase - Apocalypse
They don't really know who they are anymore...
Tags: +biomods, +mesh inserts, +cortical stack, +eidetic memory, +hyper linguist, +math boost
XP: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Damage      
Sanity [x]     
Payout Hold: 1
*4 case morphs and 1 splice – a bunch of bland generic robot bodies
*One nice synthmorph – Flexbot
*Vibroblade (3-damage +hand +ap-1 +hi-tech)
*Assortment of random knowledge
Uncanny Knowledge (Unique)
At the beginning of the session, roll+Willpower. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, Hold 1. You may spend your hold at any point during the session, 1 for 1, to suddenly recollect any obscure piece of information you like. Who knows how you know it? It’s uncanny.
Body Hopper (Background)
You never need to roll integration, alienation, and continuity as a result of voluntary resleeving. Resleeving after death, or being restored from backup requires integration, alienation, and continuity as normal.
Fork Synergy (Beginning)
You have embraced the stigmatized practice of forking your ego, and regularly have multiple copies of yourself active at any given time. You can accomplish so much more this way, and so long as you regularly integrate them back into yourself, side-effects are kept at a minimum. You never roll the sanity move to reintegrate a fork (unless a truly excessive period of time has passed). At the end of every game session, mark experience.
When you have time and materials, you may disguise yourself as another individual of about the same size and shape. This disguise will pass all but a close physical examination (going beyond a simple pat-down). Simply posing as another random individual takes only moments and access to alternate clothing or a similar physical distraction. Posing as a particular individual requires considerable time, study and resources as determined by the MC.
In the Thick of Things: (Advance)
At the beginning of the session, roll+Intuition. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, hold 1. At any time, either you or the GM can spend your hold to have you show up in any scene, with the proper tools and knowledge. On a miss, the GM holds 1, and can spend it to have you already be there, but somehow pinned, caught or trapped.
Not to be Fucked With: (Advance)
In battle, you count as a small gang with damage and armor appropriate to your equipment and moves.
Break and Enter (Advance)
You are talented at gaining access to places you have no business being. When you attempt to enter or exit such a place, roll+Intuition. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
- You get where you wanted to be
- You remain undetected while getting there.
- You leave no trace of ever having been there
- You stumble across something useful or interesting along the way.
Mimetic Engineer (Advance)
It’s one thing to convince a person of something. It’s another to engineer social acceptance of an idea. Mimetic engineers are masters of marketing, psychology and social networks, manipulating public opinion on every scale. When you engineer a meme describe to the GM what you seek to accomplish and roll+Cognition. On a hit, your meme is a success. On a 10+ choose 1. On a 7-9, choose 2:
- The meme takes extensive marketing and placement where people can see it. Permanently lose 1 point of Resources.
- The meme requires a lot of finessed word-of-mouth. Permanently lose 1 point of Rep.
- The meme is catchy, but easily forgotten. It won’t last very long
- The meme is durable but controversial and subject to counter-mimetics.
Social engineering is an imperfect science, and results are rarely permanent.
1 – From Backstory (Move: In The Thick of Things)
1 – Not To Be Fucked With
1 – Break and Enter
1 – Increase to Savvy to -1
1 – Increase Intuition to 1
1 – Mimetic Engineer
1 – Second Character
Three need to be bought.
- +1 to an Ego Stat (max stat +3) (up to 3 times) [X] [X] 
- +1 to a Background Stat (max stat +3) (unlimited)
- +1 Move (up to 4 times) [X] [X] [X] [X]
- Advance your Gang, Fame, or Wealth (up to 3 times)   
Must have 5 total advances above before selecting below
- +1 to any Stat (max stat +3) (once) 
- retire your character to safety (once) 
- create a second character to play, so now you’re playing two (once) [X]
- remove a check from the sanity track (up to two times)  
- invent your own move with the GM, or +1 Move (up to two times)  
- create a special result for one of your moves on an exceptional success with GM approval (up to two times)  
- swap a move you have for another move (unlimited)
- Chavez – Roommates – He wants into my brain, I want to use his clothing and he provides a smokescreen for me in hiding.
- Dominic – Detective & Informant – He’s dependent on me and he helps keeps me secret and I know trivia for him.
- Pandora – Sprung me out of info morf serfdom, I feel I owe her for my freedom. She’s focused on me and wondering why they had me.
- Kiril – We do stuff together – experiences and sensations, trying to goad into trying new
things. Trying to build family together.
- Kshatra – We chat all the time. He’s someone Echo really likes – especially because he helped sabotage Oaxaca-Maartens.
He… She… No… They. They don’t remember who they are anymore – not really. The pieces that are left are a flash here and a flash there – comfort and gold are common themes in what is remembered but they still aren’t sure if that is a memory or something constructed to hold everything together. There was a mother and a father – such is the nature of people – but there is little left of their child. Surely they’re looking, though? Surely. What would be left to find – a flicker of a dream, a sense memory here… ephemeral bits of flotsam on the solar ocean of stars.
Pulling themselves together into a single … functional being… has been hard. There are some that say that they’re still not a single… being. A physical body, being trapped in a form, is uncomfortable. So many things to remember, so may inputs that cannot be controlled, so many chemical reactions that cannot be ignored.
The things that are certain are these:
- Echo worked on Mars for a Oaxaca-Maartens company and they used Echo poorly but completely. The number of forks may not have been a record but there were more of them than there should have been for longer than they should have been.
- Too long is flexible, as well, as what seemed to be a lifetime of data processing and researching and filtering information was actually only 5 years. Or so they’ve been told.
- Mars is the last place they want to be and have gotten as far away as they can manage, even if the new location is less than ideal. There are allies and friends amongst those they’ve found since leaving Mars.
- Someone is out to get them. How they are not still trapped in a server somewhere, fragmenting further and further, into dust processing information, they’re still not sure.