Eclipse Phase - Apocalypse
"I've tried on three bodies since breakfast, and you're still wearing the same thing..."
Background: Lost Generation
Resources: 1 Upvote Hold)
- Seeker Pistol – A small hi-tech pistol that fires monofilament smart dart shredders. – 4 Damage
- Fury Morph – Kiril has weaseled away a stocky female Fury Morph that he was sent to review, claiming that it was destroyed during the review process.
- Favors – A series of favors owed to Kiril by various sleeve manufacturers for reviewing and promoting their successful models.
- Secrets – Secrets regarding the hypercorp that grew Kiril in the first place. (Cognite)
Filling the Vessel (Unique)
When you make skin to skin contact with an empty biomorph roll+Willpower. On a hit, you immediately resleeve into that morph, leaving your old one an empty shell. Something about your crazy psi powers rewrites the blank neurons more efficiently than any nanotechnology. On a 7-9, you’re a bit disoriented. Grant the GM 1 hold.
You never need to roll integration, alienation, and continuity as a result of voluntary resleeving. Resleeving after death, or being restored from backup requires integration, alienation, and continuity as normal.
Watts-MacLeod Infection (Background)
You have been infected with the Watts-MacLeod strain of the exsurgent virus. Gain
+psi and mark one off the sanity track. When you assess the situation, you may roll
+Willpower instead of
When you psychically alter the perceptions of those around you, roll+Willpower. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. You can spend your hold 1 for 1 at any time to…
*Make an attack miss its mark – it strikes someone other than the intended target, or a wall, or the ground.
*Make someone lose their footing or drop their weapon.
*Make someone miss noticing something important (your call).
*Impress, dismay, or frighten someone.
*You cannot use this move if you have unspent hold from this move.
When you dominate a person in a biomorph, roll
+Willpower. On a 10+, hold 2, on a 7-9, hold 1. At any time, spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- Make the target’s attack miss its mark – it strikes someone other than the intended target, or a wall, or the ground.
- Impress, dismay, or frighten the target.
- Overload the target. Inflict 3 damage per hold spent.
- Take over their body. They can try to resist by rolling+Willpower in subsequent rounds. 10+ throws off your control, 7-9 contests control, and failure leaves control in your hands.
(Flavor-wise, Kiril psychically implants a fork into the target morph that overwrites the native inhabitant for a short time)
When you assess a situation and you spend hold to ask a question about a person in the scene, you get the following information, in addition, for free:
- dominant emotional state
- honesty or dishonesty
When you take time and physical intimacy with someone – this can be one-sided if you need or wish, you just need time and touch – you may roll+Willpower to read them in-depth. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. While you’re reading them, spend your hold to ask them questions, 1 for 1…
- What was your character’s lowest or highest moment?
- For what does your character crave forgiveness, and of whom?
- What are your character’s secret pains or joys?
- What are your character’s greatest dreams or ambitions?
- What does your character hold closest to his heart?
On a miss, your subject rolls the trauma move
You take pride in your differences from humanity. You must be
+stigmatized to use this move. Whenever you take an action or public stance that highlights your nature to your own social detriment, mark experience.
Experience [x] [x]   
Damage [x] [x]    
Sanity [x] [x]    
+1 to an Ego Stat (max stat +3) (up to 3 times) [x]  
+1 to a Background Stat (max stat +3) (unlimited)  
+1 Move (up to 4 times) [x] [x] [x] [x]
Advance your Gang, Fame, or Wealth (up to 3 times)   
(After 5 above)
+1 to any Stat (max stat +3) (once) 
Retire your character to safety and create a new character (once) 
Create a second character to play, so now you’re playing two (once) 
Remove a check from the sanity track (up to two times)  
Invent your own move with the GM, or +1 Move (up to two times)  
Swap a move you have for another move (unlimited)
+1 Move (Psi-Gamma Domination)
+1 Move (Psi-Gamma Scan)
+1 Move (Mercurial Mindset)
+1 Move (Psi-Gamma Scan)
+1 to Willpower
Swapped Impulse for Psi-Gamma Sleights)