Eclipse Phase - Apocalypse
All characters have access to all Battle Moves when “in battle.”
Defend a Secure Position
When you defend a secure position roll+Cognition. On a 10+, hold 3, on a 7-9, hold 1. As long as you defend that position, you may spend your hold, 1 for 1, to:
- Grant someone in your position 2-cover (ablative damage-track levels).
- Grant yourself 2-cover.
- Suppress an assault against your position, the enemy must stop their advance for one round.
On a miss, your position is no longer secure – it’s now untenable, and you proceed accordingly.
Provide Covering Fire
When you provide covering fire for someone, roll+Intuition. On a hit, you keep them from coming under fire for that round of combat. On a 7-9, their position or course is untenable, and they proceed accordingly. On a miss, they suffer concentrated fire now.
Maintain an Untenable Position or Course
When you maintain an untenable course or position, roll+Somatics. On a hit you can hold it, and you’ll come under only incidental fire. On a 7-9, things are still untenable or insecure, you’re
glitched until you’re safe. On a miss, you have to abandon your position now or suffer concentrated fire.
Hit the Deck
When you hit the deck to avoid enemy fire, roll+Coordination. On 10+, you are safe. On 7-9, you get to cover, but the GM chooses 1:
- You’re pinned down (you are
glitcheduntil you relocate or the incoming fire stops)
- You dropped/lost something essential
- You take a glancing blow. Mark 1 damage.
Note: Any hit on this move will permit a free reload of any weapon with the
Follow Through on Someone Else’s Move
When you follow through on someone else’s move, roll+Intuition. On a 10+, choose one of the following, as appropriate to the narrative:
- Your ally inflicts +1-damage.
- Your ally dominates someone’s position.
- You make your ally’s untenable course or position secure.
- You create an opportunity that your ally can follow through on to full effect.
On a 7-9, you create an opportunity for your ally, but they haven’t seized it or followed through on it yet. The GM will tell you what it is. On a miss, the GM chooses one of the above for an appropriate NPC instead.