Eclipse Phase - Apocalypse
Player characters shouldn’t be a random collection of people. They should have a reason to associate with one another. To that end, all players will develop connections to one another according to the following system.
- All players sit at the gaming table. Starting with one, have that person turn to the person to their right.
- Both players select a connection for their characters. They can make it up, choose from the list below, or randomly roll it!
- All other players, in turn, assign a motivation to one or the other characters.
- Both players then tweak and hash out details, or start over if things aren’t really gelling for them.
- Move to the next person at the table, repeat.
- Once all characters have one connection, start over, this time creating a second connection to the person seated to each player’s left.
- Once all characters have two connections, you’re done.
1. Social Theorist & Adherent
2. Judicial Freelancer & Security Contractor
3. Revolutionary & Supporter
4. Roboticist & Test Pilot
5. Body Mod Artist & Canvas
2. CIVICNET: CORPORATE SPHERE
1. Indenture & Owner
2. Oligarch & Retainer
3. Attorney & Client
4. Black Marketeer & Smuggler
5. Kept Person/Thing & Paramour
3. CIVICNET: CIVIL SERVICE
1. Detective & Informant
2. Ex-cop Ego Hunter & Former Boss
3. Hab Engineer & Ops Coordinator
4. Customs Agent & Spaceport Worker
5. Tax Assessor & Local Official
1. Nano-Ecologist & Terraforming Technician
2. Reclaimer Field Scientist & Bodyguard
3. Preservationist Eco-Guerrilla & Weapons Merchant
4. Activist Lawyer & Litigant
5. Journalist & Whistleblower
1. Celebrity & Entourage Member
2. Heir & Hanger-on
3. Artist & Patron
4. Impresario & Talent
5. XP Dealer & Self-Recorder
1. Hacker & Client
2. Lieutenant & Soldier
3. Genehacker & Xenobiology Bootlegger
4. Outlaw Microfacturer & Blueprint Runner
5. Fixer & Freelancer
1. Uplift & Creator
2. Gatecrashing Teammates
3. Emerged AGI & Person Helping Them Stay Hidden
4. Researcher & Test Subject
5. Academic & Student
8. OUTER SYSTEM
1. Ultimate & Aspirant
2. Jovian Envoy & Contact
3. Prospector & Resource Planner
4. Comrades in the Militia
5. Argonaut Consultant & Government Contact
9. THE BRINK
1. Singularity Seekers Sharing Research
2. Grew up in a weird Isolate community together
3. Divergent forks of the same person
4. Scum Barge Roommates
5. Rogue Muse & Former Owner
ADDING NEW CHARACTERS TO AN EXISTING GROUP
When a new character joins the group, repeat the process above. Pick two other characters for the new player character to have relationships with. If the new character is replacing a character who died, pick relationships with whomever the player’s previous character had ties. Do the same if it’s a new player replacing a departing player. If adding a new player to the group, tie their character to the characters of the players to their left and right at the table or determine ties randomly.