Eclipse Phase - Apocalypse
Just a bunch of cats in a trench coat
iRep Upvotes: 0
+1 to an Ego Stat (max stat +3) (up to 3 times) [X] [X]  (Savvy) (Cognition)
+1 to a Background Stat (max stat +3) (unlimited)
+1 Move (up to 4 times) [X] [X] [X]  (Body Hopper, Cyberbrain Hacking, Kinesics Specialist)
Advance your Gang, Fame, or Wealth (up to 3 times)   
Must have 5 total advances from choices above before selecting those below
+1 to any Stat (max stat +3) (once) 
retire your character to safety (once) 
create a second character to play, so now you’re playing two (once) 
remove a check from the sanity track (up to two times)  
invent your own move with the GM, or +1 Move (up to two times)  
create a special result for one of your moves on an exceptional success with GM approval (up to two times)  
swap a move you have for another move (unlimited)
XP X O O O O
Damage O O O O O O
Sanity O O O O O O
Background: Uplift/Infolife (-1 Rep, -1 Resources,
Starting Morph: Clowder
This morph is a swarm of about twenty cat-shaped pod morphs, mass-produced bodies with cyberbrains, networked together to run a single ego.
Armor: +1 (it’s harder to seriously hurt a swarm of cats)
Scaleable Architecture (Unique Move)
20 cats is probably pushing it, but… At the beginning of the session, roll+Cognition. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, hold 1. You can spend your hold at any time during the session, 1 for 1, to:
- Gain a sudden burst of terrible insight into one subject you’re researching or working on.
- Predict with 100% accuracy what an NPC in the scene will do next: Name it (within the reasonable confines of the narrative)
- See more than you should: choose any option from Assess a Situation. This can, effectively, add more hold to that move, or allow you answers without having to roll it.
If you ever activate your backup set of 20 cats and merge it with this one, double the amount of hold this move generates, but roll the Trauma Move whenever you use it.
Hacker (Background move):
When you seek to subvert a non-infomorph computer system or electronic security measures, roll+Intuition. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2. On a miss, choose 1 anyway.
- You get into the system or past the security
- You don’t alert anyone to your intrusion
- You leave no trace behind
- You don’t permanently damage something important
When you engage in psychosurgery upon a neural backup, fork, AGI, or emulated ego in your carefully controlled simulspace, roll+Cognition. On a 10+, choose 2 (the same choice can be taken twice). On a 7-9, choose 1:
- Fork Integration: re-integrate a fork successfully
- Memory Editing: alter, or delete any one memory or related set of memories
- Behavioral Modification: edit or delete certain behaviors or impulses
- Deep Learning: Grant the subject 1 Experience.
- Interrogation: Learn the complete answer to any one question
- Psychotherapy: Add or Remove one check from the Sanity Track.
- Take Care: Grant the subject
+boostedon the subsequent trauma move (see below)
The subject then rolls the trauma move. In addition to the normal effects, on a 10+, the subject may choose whether to keep the changes or reject them. On a 7-9, the changes take effect, but the subject may choose one change that is only temporary. It will fade in a few weeks. On a failure, the changes take effect permanently, and the subject marks one check on the sanity track as normal.
In the Thick of Things:
At the beginning of the session, roll+Intuition. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, hold 1. At any time, either you or the GM can spend your hold to have you show up in any scene, with the proper tools and knowledge. On a miss, the GM holds 1, and can spend it to have you already be there, but somehow pinned, caught or trapped.
You never need to roll integration, alienation, and continuity as a result of voluntary resleeving. Resleeving after death, or being restored from backup requires integration, alienation, and continuity as normal.
When you hack a
+cyberbrain or a
+virtual person in a charged situation roll+Cognition. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. You can spend your hold 1 for 1 at any time to…
Make the target’s attack miss its mark – it strikes someone other than the intended target, or a wall, or the ground.
Extract one discrete piece of information from the target.
Impress, dismay, or frighten the target.
Overload the target. Inflict 2 damage per hold spent.
Take over their body (
+puppet sock only). They can try to resist by rolling+Willpower in subsequent rounds. 10+ throws off your control, 7-9 contests control, and failure leaves control in your hands.
You cannot use this move if you have unspent hold from this move.
You have kinesics training, supported by specialized software packages. When you have one-on-one interaction with someone where you can see each others’ body language roll+Savvy. On a 10+ hold 2, on a 7-9, hold 1. You may spend your hold at any time during the interaction to:
- automatically know when they lie or try to misdirect you.
- conceal from them your own motives or intentions
- communicate an idea or concept entirely non-verbally in a manner unlikely to be intercepted
Synthmorphs, some uplifts, and AGIs can be particularly difficult to read. The GM may impose
+glitched when interacting with such people. Individuals with
+endocrine control or Emotion Suppression are generally immune to this move.
- A backup set of clowder morphs, in cold storage
- Additional enhancements to the clowders (
- Additional additional enhancements to the clowders (
+mental boost (Cognition))
- Improved reputation on Glitch, for her charitable therapeutic work there
Clowder is the result of a project to fully uplift cats that quickly went off the rails and deep into decentralized-network AGI research. By preference, she occupies a group of twenty custom-engineered felinoid morphs. Since gaining her freedom, she has become a prominent expert on infolife, uplifts, and nonhuman sentiences, and is, among other things, both a talented psychosurgeon and a covert Firewall operative.